Manchester United are reportedly cool on West Ham’s Declan Rice, with the Premier League giants instead looking at Leed’s Kalvin Phillips as a potential replacement for Antonio Valencia.
The kalvin phillips man utd transfer is a rumor that Manchester United are cool on West Ham’s Declan Rice. Instead, the club wants to sign Leed’s Kalvin Phillips.
The summer transfer window for Europe’s major leagues has ended! Following a summer of international football, a slew of teams waited until the last minute to finalize their deals. Here you can see all of the key signings and see how we rated them. However, just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue.
Man Utd convert Leed’s Phillips into a starter
Manchester United, who have long been connected with West Ham United’s Declan Rice, are now eyeing Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips, according to The Daily Star.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made acquiring a holding midfielder a priority in the summer market, but after a nearly year-long saga, the Red Devils have abandoned their pursuit of Rice, with executive vice chairman Ed Woodward concerned about the Hammers’ £90 million valuation.
This has prompted them to seek elsewhere, and with Liverpool allegedly leading the race to sign fellow England international Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund, Phillips is United’s most recent target.
They may have a tough time convincing Phillips to leave Elland Road and join them, particularly because he is a lifelong Leeds supporter. He also has a deal that extends through 2024 and is worth about £60 million.
However, United have lured Leeds players such as Eric Cantona, Rio Ferdinand, and Alan Smith, despite the fact that a Phillips departure would be one of the most painful at Elland Road.
Is Kalvin Phillips the next Leeds United player to join Manchester United? Getty Images/Andrew Matthews/PA Images
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to writer Chris Smith, Ajax Amsterdam has approached the agents of FC Dallas teenager Ricardo Pepi. In 24 games on Major League Soccer, the 18-year-old has 12 goals and two assists, and he scored a goal and added two assists in his international debut for the United States.
– According to Calciomercato, Liverpool have shown interest in signing Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaard. However, the 21-year-old will have competition from Internazionale and Juventus, who are also interested in the Denmark international who shone at Euro 2020.
– Alejandro Grimaldo revealed in an interview with Diario Sport that he sees himself returning to Barcelona in the future, as the 26-year-old prepares to meet them with Benfica. When asked whether he has considered returning to Camp Nou, the left-back replied: “It occurred to me that when I left, it was more of a “see you later” than a “goodbye.” I spent eight years there. I like my time at Benfica and consider myself to be a valuable member of the team. But it’s obvious that Barcelona is my home and that I adore it.”
– According to Calciomercato, AS Roma boss Jose Mourinho is looking for a new midfielder, and Tottenham Hotspur’s Tanguy Ndombele might be the man to bring in. They are said to be looking for someone with athleticism, and the Frenchman is regarded as a suitable match, despite the fact that his contract with Spurs extends until 2025.
– According to Diario Sport, Barcelona is ready to begin negotiations on a new contract for Ansu Fati, who scored in his spectacular comeback from a knee injury that kept him out for ten months. His most recent contract was signed in December 2019, and there is a realization that his elevated position within the club necessitates a revision of the deal.
Manchester United’s interest in West Ham defender Declan Rice is cooling. The club are now looking at Leed’s Kalvin Phillips instead. Reference: mufc.
- kalvin phillips vs declan rice stats
- man utd news
- declan rice
- manchester united value
- manchester united schedule