Cell phone side scratches are caused from incorrectly handling your phone. When you carry or hold your phone in a way that is obstructive to the sides of the device, this can cause abrasions to appear there even if it has been protected by a case. In some cases, these scratches can be removed with polishing techniques and products. This guide will cover how to fix scratches on both sides of an iPhone.
Why You Should Buy Protection for Your iPhone?
There is no doubt that it is significantly less expensive to protect your investment with a case or screen protector than it would be to replace your phone. It takes only one fall for the screen on your device to shatter, and when the time comes to sell, you will find yourself in much better shape if everything on your iPhone 5s is in perfect working order.
While Apple’s iPhone 5s is considered to be one of the most durable phones on the market, it is still wise to protect your phone with a case or screen protector.
How to Remove Scratches From Iphone Sides?
Fixing a scratch on an iPhone is a relatively simple task that can be done without professional help. In the case of phone side scratches, there are some DIY solutions that have been proven to work very well. You just need to watch this video and you will find out more about how to easily repair scratches on your iphone sides with toothpaste.
1. Toothpaste Method to Remove Scratches on IPhone Sides
You will need: soft cloth, toothpaste, water & paper towel(s)
- Step 1 – Wet the corner of your cloth in water and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Step 2 – Add a drop of toothpaste to the damp cloth.
- Step 3 – Spread around the paste into a thin, even layer over the affected area with your fingertip or a soft cloth.
- Step 4 – Wipe thoroughly then dry with paper towels. Repeat until you have covered all scratches & let stand for 24 hours to completely dry.
- Step 5 – Wipe off any excess toothpaste with a damp cloth. Try it out now and you will be amazed by the results!
2. Gel Pen Method to Remove Scratches on IPhone Sides
You will need: gel pen, soft cloth, paper towel(s)
- Step 1 – Locate scratches on the surface of your phone.
- Step 2 – Using gel ink pen, color in scratches with a thin layer. (avoid using black or dark colored pens)
- Step 3 – Peel off when dried and see amazing results!
3. Nail Polish Method to Remove Scratches on IPhone Sides
You will need: nail polish, clear top coat & soft cloth.
- Step 1 – To make the process of removing scratches from your phone as easy as possible, it’s best to apply a thin layer of nail polish over the entire surface first. If you prefer, you can use a clear topcoat instead because it works just as well.
- Step 2 – After the layer is completely dry, dip a clean cloth in some nail polish remover and sweep over the entire surface with it.
- Step 3 – Follow this up by wiping off any excess with another wet cloth without pressing down too hard. Try it out now and you will be amazed by the results!
4. WD40 Method to Remove Scratches on IPhone Sides
You will need: WD40, Q-tips & soft cloth.
- Step 1 – Shake a few drops of WD40 onto a clean Q-tip until it is saturated.
- Step 2 – Apply to side scratches with the soaked end of the Q-tip in small circular motions for several minutes.
- Step 3 – Wipe off with a soft cloth. Repeat this process until you have applied enough layers to cover all scratches & let stand for 30 minutes to completely dry.
- Step 4 – Wipe off any excess WD40 with another Q-tip, followed by wiping the entire surface with a clean damp cloth. Try it out now and you will be amazed by the results!
There you have it! 4 simple and effective methods on how to remove scratches from your iphone sides and improve their appearance. These methods will surely work for your phone as well. All you need to do is give it a try yourself, so why not start now?