A SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card is a portable and disposable smart card which stores your subscriber information and directly plugs into the phone. A SIM card basically identifies and authenticates users on a mobile network by securely storing essential elements such as mobile network-specific information, text messages and user preferences. A SIM card can be use in any GSM phone.
How To Fix SIM Card Issues on Android Phones
Some phones work on SIM cards, which means that to use them, you must actually insert a card with your information into the phone. Other phones are “dual-mode” or “multimode,” meaning they can access different kinds of networks (i.e., GSM and CDMA).
Most modern Android smartphones come with dual-SIM capabilities. And despite this simple sounding feature, it can be a drag to get things working right. There are actually two types of Android phones with SIM card slots:
(1) “Dual SIM Dual Standby” (DSDS) which means both SIM cards can active at the same time and one gets priority when there is an incoming call;
(2) “Dual SIM Dual Active” (DSDA), where both cards can be active simultaneously which result in faster data speeds.
Let’s take a look at some simple instructions on how to get this feature working on your Android phone:
1. Check if your phone is compatible with two SIM cards or not.
2. If you are using the same provider for both SIM cards, then do not insert your second SIM if prompted to do so during setup.
3. You need to know the APN details of your active SIM card before setting up the other one.
4. Follow these steps to configure an additional SIM card on your Android phone:
(a) Open the Settings app, then go to “More…”
(b) Select “Cellular networks”
(c) Under “Dual SIM settings,” select your active SIM card and make sure that “Data enabled” is checked. You can also opt to enable data for only one SIM card at a time (under the Use only option).
(d) Scroll down to “Additional SIM settings” and select your second SIM card. You can choose to configure data only on one SIM card at a time (under the Use only option). If you want both of your SIM cards to accept data, then leave the tick box next to “Enable data connection” unticked. If prompted, select “OK” to reboot your phone.
(e) Go to Settings > More… > Cellular networks > Preferred network type and choose “LTE / WCDMA / GSM (auto connect).” Now you need to manually enable data on both SIM cards by tapping them under the Use only option.
5. Use multiple SIM cards on your Android phone to save cost on data.
Why Does my SIM Card Keep Disconnecting?
There are many different things that can cause your SIM card to disconnect and not work anymore. You may want to check out why my Android phone keeps losing signal, and the reason is simple:
- Weak coverage
The most common reason for a weak signal is due to low cell reception in your area. If you’re surrounded by tall buildings or inside an enclosed space, your signal could get easily blocked.
Other potential causes are:
* Damaged SIM card
* Defective phone
* Bad SIM tray connection
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Keeps Disconnecting from LTE?
If you’re experiencing frequent data disconnections on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, then try the solutions below:
1. Ensure that your SIM card is inserted correctly and reboot your phone.
2-. Go to Settings > More… > Cellular networks > Preferred network type and choose “LTE / WCDMA / GSM (auto connect).” Now you need to manually enable data on both SIM cards by tapping them under the Use only option.
3. Turn off the phone completely, remove your SIM card and re-insert it.
4-. Restart your phone in Safe mode by holding down the power key until you see “Safe mode” on the lower left corner of the screen. When prompted, tap OK to confirm that you want to start your device in safe mode.
If you are not using dual SIM then forget about this article, but if you are using Android phones with two SIM cards slots then this is for your need. Just follow the above steps to activate both of your SIM cards on your Android phone. If still have any doubt or confusion please comment below.