Manchester United have been linked with a move for Wolves’ Ruben Neves as an alternative to Declan Rice. The Portuguese midfielder has recently been touted as one of the best midfielders in Europe, and is expected to cost around £60m.
Manchester United have seen Wolves’ Ruben Neves as an alternative to Declan Rice, according to reports.
The summer transfer season is open now that Euro 2020 and the Copa America are finished, giving Europe’s top clubs the opportunity to make an impact in the market. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Man United has set his eyes on Wolves’ Neves.
If they lose out on West Ham United talisman Declan Rice, Manchester United may seek to acquire Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Ruben Neves, according to The Daily Star.
Rice has been linked with a move to Manchester United in previous transfer windows, but the Hammers have been adamant on keeping their star player.
With that in mind, it’s said they’re want at least £100 million for the 22-year-old, who started every England game at Euro 2020, when they were defeated by Italy in the final.
United are reluctant to spend that kind of money, according to the source, so they may have to go elsewhere if they want to improve their midfield.
This may take them to Molineux and Portugal international Neves, who could be available for about £60 million, a significant difference from Rice’s asking price.
While he isn’t the same kind of player as Rice, his passing skills are seen to fit in nicely with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s double pivot, which often features Fred and Scott McTominay.
United aren’t the only ones keeping an eye on Neves; Arsenal are also reportedly interested in the 24-year-old, while the Red Devils have also considering Eduardo Camavinga of Stade Rennes.
– Watch ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (available in the United States only) – Don’t have ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Foot Mercato, Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has made it plain to Mauro Icardi’s agents that he wants the Paris Saint-Germain striker to join him in Italy. The club and the player have been in touch for some time, and the Argentine is ready to leave PSG.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent significant transfers • January transfer grades
– According to previous transfer roundups, Brighton & Hove Albion would not prevent Ben White from joining Arsenal provided the Gunners matched their value for the England international. The Athletic now claims that the two clubs have reached an agreement in principle, with a price in the region of £50 million.
– According to The Sun, Arsenal are demanding £15 million for Hector Bellerin after Internazionale allowed Achraf Hakimi to join PSG. Inter want a loan with the possibility to extend it, but Arsenal want assurances that they would be paid before allowing the Spaniard to go.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Juventus and Sassuolo met to discuss Manuel Locatelli but were unable to strike an agreement. Sassuolo want €40 million for the midfielder because they know Arsenal would pay it, while Juventus offered a €30 million loan with the option to make it permanent. The 23-year-preferred old’s destination is Turin, therefore talks will continue.
– Following the signing of Tanner Tessmann from FC Dallas, Venezia is looking to the MLS for their next transfer, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. That’s because they’re trying to recruit Gianluca Busio from Sporting Kansas City for approximately €4 million.
– AS Roma have identified a number of potential replacements for Leonardo Spinazzola, who suffered an injury while representing Italy at the Euros. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, they are now interested in Palmeiras’ Matias Vina. AC Milan is also said to be interested in Santos’ Kaio Jorge.
- manchester united transfer
- declan rice