One World Plate

Keeping Up With The Trends.

Latest news and updates on Reading Football Club’s ownership

 

Reading Football Club is a semi-professional football club based in Reading, Berkshire, England

The club participates in the National League, the fifth tier of English football. They are nicknamed The Royals, based on the historic county of Berkshire.

The club was established in 1871 and has competed in the Southern League, founded in 1894, since 1896. Reading then joined the English Third Division South for the 1920–21 season. They played their home games at Elm Park for 102 years, from 1896 until 1998.

The club struggled during the 1990s due to financial problems and were relegated to the Football Conference in 1999. They returned to the third tier of English football for the 2006–07 season.

Who is the owner of reading football club

Reading FC are currently owned by Chinese businessman Dai Yongge and his brother Dai Xiu Li, who took over the club in May 2017.

The Dai brothers have a 75% stake in the club, with the remaining 25% owned by Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith.

The takeover was completed on 17 May 2017, with the club’s board of directors being replaced by a new board consisting of Dai Yongge (chairman), Dai Xiu Li, Chris Eastwood and Ron Gourlay.

In June 2017, it was announced that Eamonn Dolan would continue as the club’s manager for the 2017–18 season.

On 27 November 2017, Ron Gourlay left his role as chief executive of the club by mutual consent.

Dai Yongge and Dai Xiu Li are the current owners of Reading Football Club. They took over the club in May 2017 and have a 75% stake in the club. The remaining 25% is owned by Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith.

Take a look at the history of Reading Football Club ‘s ownership below

1871-1920: Establishment and early years

Reading Football Club was established in 1871 and spent its early years competing in the Southern League. In 1920, they joined the English Third Division South.

1920-1999: Elm Park years

The club played its home games at Elm Park for 102 years, from 1896 until 1998. During this time, they struggled financially and were relegated to the Football Conference in 1999.

1999-2017: Financial difficulties and takeover

The club experienced financial difficulties in the 1990s and was relegated to the Football Conference in 1999. In 2017, Chinese businessmen Dai Yongge and Dai Xiu Li took over the club, with a 75% stake. The remaining 25% is owned by Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith.

2017-present: New era under Dai brothers

Under the ownership of the Dai brothers, Reading FC has experienced a resurgence. In 2017, they returned to the third tier of English football and Ron Gourlay was appointed as chief executive.

Eamonn Dolan was also appointed as manager for the 2017-18 season. However, Gourlay left his role as chief executive in November 2017 by mutual consent.

The Dai brothers are the current owners of Reading Football Club. They took over the club in May 2017 and have a 75% stake in the club. The remaining 25% is owned by Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith. The club has experienced a resurgence under their ownership, returning to the third tier of English football in 2017.